Advertise with INsite
Click here to download the 2012 Media Kit for INsite magazine.
For more information or to talk with an account executive please call INsite / NCF Business Report
WHAT IS INsite MAGAZINE?
INsite is the #1 Entertainment magazine serving Gainesville, Florida. Our unique blend of events, information, entertainment and club photos grabs the attention of the 18 to 34 demographic on a monthly basis.
With more than 500 locations, our distribution blankets the city’s population and both of the major colleges in town: the University of Florida and Santa Fe College (more than 67,000 students in total). For our readers, INsite is an essential guide to everything to see and do in the city and surrounding areas. For our advertisers, INsite offers an economical and easy means of reaching the lucrative college/young adult market.
The mark of a good magazine is its usefulness and enjoyment to its readers. That’s why we pack each issue of INsite with the information, listings, helpful guides and entertaining features our readers want and need.
Pick up an issue of INsite and you’ll find all of the following:
- Restaurant Guide: Listings of all major restaurants in town (including address, phone number and a description). The restaurant section also includes reviews, spotlights on servers and managers/owners, a guide to late-night dining, a quick-guide restaurant chart and more.
- Renter’s Guide: Advice on selecting an apartment, choosing roommates and setting up utilities, along with maps and charts for apartment amenities. This guide is an invaluable resource (published April, July, December and in the Gainesville Survival Guide).
- Events Calendar: The most complete guide to live music, performances, art exhibits, theater, film and more. If it’s happening in Gainesville, this will tell you.
- Nightlife Calendar: INsite’s “Nightlife” section has the most comprehensive list of happy hour and drink specials in town.
- Now Touring: A list of local and national bands coming to Gainesville and surrounding cities, along with reviews from the previous month’s shows.
- Reviews: INsite reviews a variety of new music, new movies, new video games and new video releases every month.
Interviews / Spotlights
- Celebrity Interviews: Personal interviews with today’s hottest stars of film, television and music. INsite has access to the biggest national celebrities.
- Community Spotlights: We interview local DJs, bartenders, servers, managers and owners, elected officials, musicians and athletes … basically, the “who’s who” of Gainesville.
- Party Pictures: We have hundreds of pictures in our “Going Out” section, capturing our readers eating, drinking and having a good time.
- Fashion and Beauty: Local and national brand clothing and beauty, plus fashion articles, tips and advice.
- Faces in the Crowd: Photos and comments from readers answering different, fun questions posed every month.
- Odds and Ends: We offer humor, news and a variety of other entertaining (yet non-offensive) material each month. Examples include the Gadgets column and the Mystery Meat column, which features fun facts about the month the issue is released.
- Special Themed Editions: INsite offers special sections such as The 20 Most Interesting People in Gainesville, the Annual Restaurant Guide and the Back-to-School edition.
- The average college student has more disposable income than the average family of four.(1)
- Gainesville has approximately 67,000 students (approximately 50,000 from the University of Florida and approximately 17,000 from Santa Fe College).(2)
- Gainesville’s market is populated with the highest percentage of 18- to 34-year-olds of any other major market in Florida.(3)
- Gainesville’s median age is the lowest of any major market in Florida.(3)
- University of Florida students spent $630 million in 2006:(4)
--$252 million on off-campus housing
--$135 million on food and beverages
--$107 million on books, supplies and computers
--$78 million on personal items and insurance
--$33 million on clothing
--$23 million for transportation
Who Our Readers Are
More than half of INsite readers are full-time undergrad and grad students, according to a survey conducted in 2006. The majority of them take full advantage of the entertainment possibilities in Gainesville, with more than 70 percent reporting that they dine out at least five times a week, 89 percent reporting that they visit a nightclub or bar every week and 92 percent reporting that they attend at least one concert a month. Readers also reported that the advertisements in INsite cater to their interests. Eighty-eight percent of INsite readers frequent businesses that advertise in the magazine.
(1)Information from Kerr & Downs Research ; (2)Information from UF and SFC Registrar’s Office; (3) Information from Campus Communications; (4)Information from 2006 IFAS study
A major factor fueling INsite’s remarkable growth is its strong distribution network. INsite hand-delivers magazines to more than 500 different distribution centers each month to ensure full market saturation. Our readers get their monthly INsite either at home, on campus, in the bookstores, at local shops, restaurants or cafés. With this overlapping distribution method, readers are sure to have access to the information they want every month.
Readers can get INsite hand-delivered right at home.
- Residence Halls / Dorms: INsite is available in prominent locations in all on-campus housing areas.
- Fraternities / Sororities: All Greek organizations receive copies for their members and pledges.
- Apartment Complexes: INsite is distributed to all student-oriented apartment complexes.
On the way to class or the library … another opportunity to get INsite:
- UF Campus: INsite is distributed through nearly two dozen distribution boxes located at bus stops and major foot traffic areas on the main campus including around dining facilities and the student union as well as the graduate schools (including the law school and medical schools).
- Santa Fe College: INsite is hand delivered to the busy areas on the SFC campus.
In addition to our strong campus and apartment presence, you can’t avoid seeing our publication if you venture into any of the stores that young adults frequent.
- Business Locations: INsite is distributed at busy locations around town, including restaurants and cafés, clubs and bars, music and video stores, salons and other high traffic shops.
- Malls and Strip Malls: INsite has distribution points in all major malls and strip mall areas. Anywhere there is high traffic, we’ve got a distribution center.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Our company is proud to offer a variety of products and services. Instead of “putting all of your eggs into one basket,” we encourage you to diversify your advertising, sponsorship and promotions strategy. We can provide a complete and diversified marketing program to meet the individual needs of every small, medium and large business. If you are interested in the 67,000+ student population (or their parents), please consider:
- Gainesville Survival Guide: Here is your chance to reach the incoming class of freshmen and transfer students before they’ve even heard about your competition. The Survival Guide is a special annual orientation guide, which is mailed home to these students and their parents, distributed in hotel rooms (for visiting parents), hand-delivered to dorms and distributed to fraternities and sororities. Because the Survival Guide is packed with helpful information—(renter’s guide, hotel/motel guide, restaurant guide, entertainment/activity guide and a religion guide); maps (for UF and the city); plus the Gator football schedule—students and their parents tend to read it cover to cover and hold onto it, and your ads, throughout the year.
- The North Central Florida Business Report: A new, feature and advice magazine for the regional business community, The Business Report puts your message in front of the area’s top business owners and managers. This monthly magazines is mailed to the members of the Gainesville, Newberry and Alachua chambers of commerce, and also is distributed through high-traffic spots business people frequently, such as banks, and professional offices. It also is direct-mailed to more than 800 medical professionals in the area.
- Gator SuperSavers: Student love coupons, and student coupon users love Gator SuperSavers. Published at the beginning of the fall, spring and summer semesters, this coupon book will connect you with more than 100,000 customers per year. Copies of the magazine are hand-distributed on the campus of the University of Florida, direct-mailed to students in UF’s dorms, and distributed through boxes at key locations on campus and around the city.
"INsite helps us promote our restaurant every month. The students read it, and we can feel the results."
--Frank Villante, The Swamp Restaurant
"INsite is the best way to reach the university population; as a student leader, my job was to get the word out. I tried everything and had the best success with INsite."
--Chris Dorworth, Former UF Student Body President
"To fill apartments, we trust INsite to generate the traffic we need."
--Nathan Collier, Paradigm Properties
"I ran a special promotion and can say with certainty that INsite increased my business. I have been very pleased with the magazine."
--Freddie Wehbe, Domino’s Pizza (Highest Grossing Store)
Your account executive can help design an advertising, sponsorship and promotions package that will work for your business and your budget.